Over here at Greek Girls Gourmet we are loving the vegetables of spring and today Green Onions are in the spotlight. They turn what could be another ho-hum cream cheese dip into one you Just. Can’t. Stop. Eating. It comes together in just a few minutes and is delicious right away or perfect to make ahead, even if it’s just for family movie night. Be sure to use full fat cream cheese. This is one time where you don’t want to miss out on all that flavor.
I have to say this dip is versatile: spread it on crackers or cucumber slices; dip in chips, carrots or cherry tomatoes; stuff it in celery and top with raisins… it even pairs great with apple slices. But don’t stop there! It is amazing on a fresh-from-the-oven baked potato or as your secret sauce on summertime burgers.
And let us know how you use it. We’d love to hear from you!
Creamy Garlic and Green Onion Dip
- 8 ounce Cream cheese, softened (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Greek Girls Gourmet All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 10 Green onions
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and allow to soften. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and Greek Girls Seasoning. Mix and mash well until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Clean the green onions, cut off the root end leaving as much white as possible. Thinly slice the white end up to where it starts to turn slightly green, then rough chop the slices. Looking for about ¼ cup. Add the green onion and the garlic to the cream cheese mixture, stir to combine.
- Separately slice about 2 tablespoons of the green end of the green onions, for garnish.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate several hours. Garnish with green onion slices before serving.