Eggs are a go-to for low carb dieters and those of use who want a quick and healthy meal or snack. Actually, eggs are the first place we used our Greek Seasoning. They are also easy to customize to your own tastes, be it omelettes, over-easy, quiche, frittata or scrambled. A basic recipe for elevated scrambled eggs goes something like this, for 2-3 servings.
Elevated Scrambled Eggs
Simple ideas to up your scrambled egg game.
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Milk or cream
- 2 teaspoons Greek Girls Gourmet All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1½ cups Mix-in of your choice Diced Peppers (sweet or hot, it's up to you); Sauted Spinach (a big handful cooks down to next to nothing); Diced Tomato (doesn't require much precooking to avoid tomato mush in your eggs); Grated Zucchini; Mushrooms; Pre-cooked Broccoli; Pre-cooked Sausage or diced bacon; Miscellaneous leftovers from last night!
- 2 tablespoons Toppings of your choice Cheese (our choice is feta), Salsa; Avocado; Crumbled Bacon.
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Start by prepping and pre-cooking any of the mix-ins (as needed) so they are ready to go in the eggs. Allow any liquid to drain off to avoid runny yuck in your eggs.
- A non-stick type of skillet or a well-seasoned cast iron works well. Melt the butter over a low-medium heat. In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk or cream and Greek Seasoning. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan.
- Using a spatula, turn and fold the eggs until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Quickly add mix-ins and gently fold a few more times. Slide onto a serving platter or individual plates and add topping(s). Serve immediately!
Leave A Comment